- Session Two: Saturday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 308
- Christopher Craft
- Affiliation: University of South Carolina
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
The goal of this session will be to teach participants about Cognitive Load Theory, a learning theory that takes into account learner cognition. When utilizing technology, learners can easily reach high levels of cognitive load, resulting in cognitive overload, which is damaging to learning. Participants will learn how to help control learners' levels of cognitive load, as well as how to leverage modern research on memory and perception and how that relates to technology in the classroom. This learning will be measured through interaction with the audience to determine current misconceptions about learning and cognition, as well as to see if learning has occurred.
- Conversational Practice:
- Come and see.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 308 — Channel B
No comments have been posted yet.