- Session Three: Saturday 2:30pm–4:00pm
- Room 301
- Bill Fitzgerald
- Affiliation: FunnyMonkey
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- High School, Middle School
- Conversation Description:
The promise of the portfolio is that the demonstration of learning remains as close as possible to the process of learning, while allowing individual elements of the learning process to be highlighted and discussed as part of evaluation. This type of assessment creates a nuanced picture of how a person is developing as a learner.
Portfolios have been around for a while, yet they are still largely viewed as an "alternative" means of assessment. What are some of the barriers for adoption that exist? What are the arguments against using portfolios?
- Conversational Practice:
- The resources for this discussion will be collected in a portfolio site, and this site will be brought live before the session, and will remain up after the session. Additionally, the code that runs the site, and the content of the site, will be available as a downloadable package, so anyone can import the resources and the portfolio tool for use in their own organization. Additionally, the presentation will be videotaped and stored (ideally on archive.org). This video will in turn be incorporated as a portfolio artifact, and accessible in the site.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 301 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.