- Session Five: Sunday 12:30pm–2:00pm
- Room 211
- Edison Friere, Chris Alfano, Crista Collins
- Affiliation: Urban Technology Project (Collaborative initiative between & The School District of Philadelphia and Communities in Schools of Philadelphia, Inc.)
- Conversational Focus/Audience:
- All School Levels
- Conversation Description:
How can we as educators and community partners cultivate strong youth leaders in an era of constantly changing technology? The answer is simple: youth as agents of this change. This conversation will focus on implementing student-driven, service-learning program models in schools. These models include student help desks, tech clubs and in-class project-based support around the use of digital media. These models are lead by youth, for youth, in a cascading mentoring continuum involving recent high school graduates, high school students, and K-8 students. Members of the Philadelphia Urban Technology Project's (UrbanTech) TechServ initiative will participate in a panel discussion on best practices for fostering the culture of youth-driven change in schools and communities.
- Conversational Practice:
- We will transition from panel discussion format to whole group conversation. Audience members will also have option to post questions for presenters throughout the conversation. Any unanswered questions will be posted on a public wiki.
- Elluminate Rooms ( instructions for launching Elluminate )
- Stream via Elluminate: Room 211 — Channel A
No comments have been posted yet.